WANT TO KNOW ABOUT TURNING 65 AND WANTING TO CONTINUE WORKING
DID YOU KNOW?
If you, your family, or friends are in a position where they want to continue working after 65, you MAY not need to enroll in Medicare!
Here are the requirements:
- Are you or your spouse actively working?
- Are you currently enrolled in a Group HSA plan?
Is the group insurance considered credible coverage?
- Group insurance has to disclose a letter every year that that plan is credible or non-credible
- *Non-credible will be penalized after age 65!
- Do you or your spouse have a group health insurance plan with more than 20 people?
These are the typical rules for not enrolling into Medicare, however, everyone's situation is different, so please contact me to confirm!
If you have a group insurance HSA plan with over 20 employees and you WANT to enroll in Medicare, you will have to stop making contributions 6 months before you enroll in Medicare or Social Security