Are You Ready for Your Insurance Review?
Let’s start 2020 right, with a review of your insurance needs. I know that I always bring this up around this year, but that’s because I believe it’s so important to take a half hour or so for a quick call to review your insurance needs.
Here are some suggestions to make sure that you all the right coverage.
Stuff Happens – That’s Why You Have Life insurance
You need to make sure that between life insurance and savings that your family will continue to live at the same level after you are gone. But changing circumstances may leave a gap in your life insurance coverage.
For example, if you have life insurance through your employer make sure that you have sufficient coverage. Changing your job could affect your insurance coverage. Maybe your coverage decreased or the type of insurance changes.
Review your income, savings, and expenses annually and compare them to your insurance coverage. Let us help you determine if you have enough coverage to meet your family’s future income needs.
Disability: A percentage of salary
Do you work for yourself (as many of us do) and never considered this type of insurance? Even if you have a policy through your employer, it might not be as comprehensive as you think.
Most group disability plans will pay 60% of your income up to $10,000 per month. A lot of us would have a hard time living on 60% of our income, let alone if we are disabled and have additional medical expenses.
Review your disability coverage to determine if you need an additional plan.
Homeowners insurance can be tricky. You think you know what it covers but are you sure? Maybe it’s time to figure out what it doesn’t cover.
Keep in mind that damage caused by floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes may be covered only by special addendums to your policy, or in some cases, separate insurance altogether. Also, your policy may not cover the extra cost of rebuilding your home to more stringent building codes. Don’t rely on your interpretation of the policy, let us help you understand what is and isn’t covered to determine if you need to make adjustments to your policy.
Give us a call so that we can help you update your coverage. We don’t want you to be caught with insufficient coverage.
Do you know which drivers and what vehicles are covered by your auto insurance? Most policies provide coverage for you and family members living with you. So, if your child is away at a college dorm he or she is probably covered. But, if he or she is living in an off-campus apartment, it’s possible they are no longer covered.
What if you and your spouse divorce, which policy insures your children who are living with each parent at different times during the year? Notify your insurer about any change in living arrangements to avoid a gap in coverage.
I know this is a lot to think about but that’s why we’re here – to help you make sure you have complete coverage to give you peace of mind.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Ways to Locate a Lost Life Insurance Policy
- Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
- Giving and Forgiving
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- Peoria's Best Health Insurance Agency 2021
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- New Energy After 60? 4 Ways to Biohack Your Health
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Ways to Enjoy the Outdoors at Home
- Using HSAs in Your Retirement Planning
- Meditation: Seizing the Moment
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You Can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- 3 Vegetables You Can Plant and Grow Anywhere Right Now!
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Benefits of Dental Insurance